RBA EMAIL Policy
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW EMAIL INFORMATION IS MANAGED BY RBA. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
In accordance with guidelines suggested by the American Medical Association, please consider the following when communicating by email with your providers:
- Please understand that emergency needs cannot be met by email due to the fact that email may not be checked on a regular basis. During regular business hours non-life threatening emergencies should be communicated directly to the office by phone or through the 24-hour answering service after normal business hours. Emergencies requiring immediate assistance should always be handled by calling “911”.
- Email is not a substitute for an office visit and/or physical examination. It is only a convenient means of introduction or communication to handle simple needs, appointments and very basic questions.
- If your issue/question is complicated, it will always be processed more efficiently by calling the office directly or scheduling an appointment with your physician. If you email an extremely complex problem, we may email you back and ask you to call us or schedule an appointment.
- Security of email messages is limited by your server, computer, software browser, and access to your system. When email communication is appropriate, security is controlled on our website and email system.
- Copies of your e-mail correspondence will be kept in your chart.