In order to provide our patients with the most effective and timely communication, we have created an outline of RBA’s communication policy. Please help us meet this goal by following the guidelines below:
- Beginning January 1st, 2018 our phone lines will operate Monday-Thursday 8:00am-3:30pm and Fridays 8:00am-2:30pm. Messages left prior to 1:00pm Monday – Friday will be returned the same day. All messages left after the cutoff time will be returned the following business day.
- Please be advised that our staff frequently meets with patients throughout the day, and may be away from their desk or on another call when your call is received. As a result, it is difficult for staff to immediately return your call. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you leave a detailed voicemail in order for your call to be returned in a timely manner. When leaving voicemail messages, please clearly say your first and last name, your date of birth, and phone number. Leaving out any of this information may result in delayed return phone calls.
- We understand the time sensitive nature of infertility testing and treatment. However, we kindly ask that you only leave one voicemail message indicating your request and our staff will be sure to assist you. Leaving multiple voicemail messages and emails will only delay staff response time. It is also recommended that you please coordinate your calls with your spouse/partner to ensure only one of you will be contacting our office and requesting a call back.
- You can choose to call or email our staff with your request. If you choose to email and do not receive a response within 4 hours, or you receive an out-of-office response, please call the office instead; especially if your request is time sensitive. Please do not send multiple emails regarding the same issue, as this will only delay staff response time. All emails sent by RBA must be encrypted due to HIPAA guidelines. Our encryption system requires a login and password that you will set up upon receiving your first encrypted email from an RBA staff member. Encrypted emails expire within 30 days so please open these messages in a timely manner.
- Once all requirements have been met for your IVF cycle, please contact the office for your prescription to be submitted to a specialty pharmacy at least three business days in advance of expected need. Please note that prior authorizations for fertility medications can take up to two weeks. Please call for non-fertility prescription refills at least one business day in advance.
- If you are in need of immediate assistance or experiencing an emergency please call to schedule an appointment time prior to coming into the office. If an urgent situation presents after-hours or on the weekend, you may contact the Answering Service at 404-487-2054. Please do not call the Answering Service multiple times regarding the same issue. The on-call operators will ensure you receive a call back from an RBA nurse as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911 or report to your nearest emergency room.
Thank you for your assistance in providing you with the best care and communication possible. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy please do not hesitate to let us know!